Car accidents are jarring, and often, when people are injured in them, they require financial compensation to get their lives back on track. Unfortunately, the path to compensation can be a complicated one, which is why it’s always best to proceed with a knowledgeable Bergen County, New Jersey car accident lawyer in your corner. For decades, the Law Office of E. Gregory M. Cannarozzi has fought on behalf of car accident victims here in New Jersey, and we are prepared to fight for you as well. Contact us today so we can get working on your case.
Work Alongside An Accomplished Car Accident Lawyer With Decades of Experience
For over 30 years, Mr. Cannarozzi has focused the majority of his practice on aggressive, competent, and ethical representation to a conclusion, resulting in superior monetary compensation awards for each of his client’s injuries sustained in car accidents. If you need an Oradell, New Jersey personal injury lawyer you can depend on, you’ve come to the right place.
Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents, as you may know, can occur for a wide variety of reasons, including dangerous road conditions, faulty car parts, and more. That being said, in most cases, they are a result of driver negligence. Some common examples of driver negligence are as follows:
- Texting while driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Failure to yield
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Applying makeup or brushing hair while driving
- Unsafe merging or changing lanes
- Eating while driving
- Ignoring stop signs or traffic lights
Taking Action After a Car Accident
After sustaining an injury in a car accident, it’s paramount you do everything in your power to summon law enforcement to the scene and document the incident. After calling 911, you should try to take the following steps:
- Ask the other driver for their insurance information.
- Photograph or videotape any damage caused by the accident.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- Inform paramedics of the injuries you’ve sustained and ensure you receive immediate medical treatment.
- Keep copies of the medical documentation associated with your injuries.
- Retain the services of a dedicated New Jersey car accident lawyer who can use this evidence and collect additional evidence to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Recovering Financial Compensation After a Car Accident
As long as we can satisfy the burden of proof, you should get compensated for the economic and non-economic damages you’ve incurred as a result of your accident. Economic damages can include:
- The cost of surgeries
- The cost of medication
- The cost of overnights in a hospital
- The cost of rehabilitation
- Lost past and future wages
- The cost of any property damaged in the accident
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, deal with the intangible, yet very real damages that can occur as a result of an accident, including the following, among other things:
- Pain and suffering
- The loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional trauma
Don’t Wait–File Today
New Jersey has a statute of limitations in place for personal injury claims, which essentially means that you are required to file your personal injury claim within a certain period of time. In most cases, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New Jersey is two years. If you wait longer than two years from the date of your accident and the statute of limitations expires, you’ll likely be permanently barred from bringing your personal injury claim altogether. Don’t make the mistake of waiting when you can speak with a competent attorney today.
Why Work With Attorney Cannarozzi for Your Car Accident Case?
Not all New Jersey injury attorneys are alike. Few have over three decades of experience and a broad base of injury experience as Mr. Cannarozzi. Additionally, there are some elements of his career and work that set him apart. These include that he:
- Presently serves on the New Jersey Superior Court personal injury and auto, nonbinding arbitration panels
- Is proficient in all areas of auto liability
- Attends yearly seminars on these areas of law, including injuries to the spine and related body parts
- Is knowledgeable with respect to how to present a case on accident reconstruction, including the biomechanics of injuries
- Has vast experience in binding arbitration procedures, as he served as a New Jersey no-fault dispute resolution professional from 1999 to 2003
- Has arbitrated thousands of personal injury and automobile arbitration cases
- Is uniquely qualified in coordinating the intricacies of obtaining maximum New Jersey no-fault benefits, especially the medical expenses payments (Med Pay)
- Utilizes only the best-rated medical facilities
- Assembles and oversees a team of highly qualified medical experts who meticulously provide superior services for the ultimate benefit of his clients
- Has recovered over $5 million in noneconomic damages (pain and suffering) for his clients over the course of his legal career
Trust your auto accident case to a highly rated attorney with decades of successful experience and a distinguished legal career. Mr. Cannarozzi has decades of experience with personal injury matters.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer For An Assessment Of Your Case
Not sure if you have a valid personal injury claim? Speak with attorney Cannarozzi and his team. Explain what happened so that you understand your right to compensation. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation with our dedicated legal team. Remember, though insurance adjusters aren’t on your side, our firm is, and we will be, every step of the way.