Three ways points can be reduced and/or deducted:
- For every year of safe driving (no violations or suspensions), up to three points may be subtracted from your point total. This reduction of points occurs one year after:
- a. your last point violation; or
- b. your license was restored; or
- c. the last time annual safe driving points were subtracted from your record (whichever is later).
- After completion of a Motor Vehicle Services (MVS) offered driver improvement program, up to three points may be subtracted from your point total. These programs are only offered to problem drivers selected by MVS. Credit is given for one program maximum every two years.
- After completion of a MVS approved defensive driving course up to two points may be subtracted from your point total. Credit is given for one program maximum every five years.
- Please visit the “Improv-School” banner on my website: www.newjerseytrafficattorney.com for more information on on-line driver improvement program.
*These above courses are separate from the NJDMV course for violators who have accumulated 12 or more points.
NOTE: Your point total will never be reduced below zero.